Get latest 50 questions with correct answers for history quiz online and also find small quiz on Ancient History. Every questions has 4 options & 1 answer.
Small Ancient history quiz contains 10 questions stands for 100 percentage. That’s means if you do total nine answers correctly out of 10 questions, you will get 90 % quiz score at end.
Following sets of questions for history quiz are based on ancient history.
We have divided all 50 questions into set of 10 questions with answers according to groups.
Question number 1 to 10, This questions are mostly based on Mohenjodaro & Harappan culture.
- The local name of “Mohenjodaro” is Mound of __
- “Harappa” is located on the bank of river ?
- Which metal was unknown to “Indus Valley Civilization” ?
- A statue of bearded man was found at_____
- The nature of “Indus Valley Civilization” was
[D] None of these
- Indus valley belongs to
[C] post historical
- Which of the following animals was unknown in Indus valley civilization ?
- Indus Valley Civilization was discovered by
[A] Dayaram sahni
[B] R.D. Banerji
- The people of Indus Valley Civilization usually built their houses of
[A] Pucca bricks
[D] None of these
- Which of the following cannot be considered Proto-harappan culture ?
[A] Sothi culture
[B] Jornie culture
[C] Amri culture
[D] Kot-Diji culture
Question number 11 to 20, This history questions are made on Vedic culture such as Rigveda & Atharvaveda
- Who was the founder of Vedic culture ?
[B] Ethnic Group
- Who is the most important God in Rigaveda ?
- The river chenab was known during the Vedic period by the name______?
- Which of the following Brahmana texts belongs to Atharvaveda ?
- Which one of the Following vedic gods depicts an association with the sun ?
- Which of the following is concerned with origin of Indian medicine ?
- The word Gotra occurs for the first time in:
- The game of the Dice was part of the ritual of :
- The Gayatri Mantra is dedicated to :
- Who among the following was a Brahmavadini that composed some hymns of the Vedas ?
Question number 21 to 30, This questions are about chandragupta Maurya, Arthashashtra & Ashoka’s Empire.
- The Mauryan administrative centre samapa can be identified with_____ .
- Who identified tha name sandrocottus as Chandragupta Maurya ?
[C] V.A. smith
[D] William jones
- Who was the Author of Arthashastra ?
- Who was the Mentor of Chandragupta Maurya ?
Answer: Option A ( Vishakhadutta)
- Who was the founder of Maurya dynasty ?
[A] Chandragupta II
[B] Chandragupta Maurya
- Which of the following Ashoka inscriptions is in Kharosthi script ?
- Sarnath Stambh was built by
- Which of the following was an administrative centre of the southern province of Ashoka’s empire ?
- The gujarra minor rock edict, on which the name of Ashoka is mentioned, is located in__________?
[A] Uttar pradesh
[B] Madhya Pradesh
- Who were the beneficiaries of Ashoka’s donations in the reasons of Barabar hill ?
Question number 31 to 40, Below questions with answers for history quiz are based on Pataliputra, Mahishmati & more..
- The temple of Angkorwat in Cambodia was dedicated to_____?
- How many of the Sixteen Mahajanapadas were situated in the Ganga valley ?
- By which ruler Pataliputra was chosen for the first time as a capital ?
- In which Indian state, Inamgam is located ?
[C] Madhya pradesh
[D] Andra pradesh
- In which Mahajanapada was situated the city of Mahishmati ?
- Tha sangam text Tokappiyam is a work on_________?
- Which among the following dynasties is not mentioned in the sangam literature ?
- Who among the following had introduced Vaishnavism in kamrupa ?
[B] Purandra dasa
- Which one of the following sites is famous for prehistoric paintings ?
- Which one of the following Janapadas was republican state in sixth century BC ?
Question number 41 to 50, Following History questions are mostly related to Vasco da gama & more.
- Which one of the following was the first English ship that came to India ?
[C] Red Dragon
- Who were the First European to set up sea trade centres in India ?
[A] The Portuguese
[B] The French
[C] The English
[D] The Dutch
- Vasco da Gama discovered the sea route to India in which one of the following years ?
- Which one of the First Fort Constructed by the British in India ?
[A] Fort St. Angelo
[B] Fort St. George
[C] Fort St. David
[D] Fort William
- Where in India , did the portuguese built their first fortress ?
- Which European power did assist Balaji Baji Rao against the Angres ?
[A] The Portuguese
[B] The Dutch
[C] The English
[D] The French
- The British East India Company was formed during the reign of
[A] Henry VIII
[B] James I
[C] Charles I
[D] Elizabeth I
- How many times did Vasco da Gama came to India ?
[A] One Only
[B] Two time
[C] Three times
[D] Four Times
- Who Founded Independent state of Bengal ?
[B] Hussain Shah
[C] Murshid Quli Khan
[D] Alivardi Khan
- Who among the following introduced Cashewnut, Pineapple and Tabacco in India ?
Let’s Try Online History Quiz and get Quiz Score
We hoped that you scored good. Please share your experience about History quiz questions with answers. Also you can share your feedback’s for more improvement on contact us page.
Enjoy more history quizzes.